KHL: CSKA Declared Champions of Russia
On its official website, the Russian Ice Hockey Federation announced its decision to crown CSKA Moscow the champion of Russia based on the results of the past season, which had to be completed ahead of schedule due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The committee also decided to award second place to both Ak Bars Kazan and SKA Sankt Petersburg. Dynamo Moscow was awarded bronze.
The Russian Ice Hockey Federation and the KHL used the following procedure to determine the winners of the 2019/2020 season:
- The principle of sports justice is fundamental.
- The results of both regular season and playoff matches are taken into account.
- All available statistics are taken into account.
- The provisions of the league regulations in the season do not prevail in determining winners and prize winners.
The results of the Russian hockey championship were calculated in the following manner:
- Places in the final table are allocated taking into account the results of the first round of playoffs and the regular season.
- Russian teams that won the first round of the playoffs take places taking into account the number of points obtained in the regular season.
- Russian teams that did not qualify for the second round of playoffs are ranked according to the number of points scored in the regular season.