Stadio Renato Dall’Ara is a multi-purpose stadium in Bologna, Italy. It is currently used mostly for football matches and the home of Bologna F.C. 1909. The stadium was built in 1927 and holds 38,279. It has also been named Stadio Littoriale. It replaced the Stadio Sterlino. The stadium is named after Renato Dall’Ara, a former president of Bologna for thirty years.
The stadium hosted matches in both the 1934 FIFA World Cup and the 1990 FIFA World Cup. The last match of the tournament played there was the England vs Belgium match in the Round of 16 which ended 1–0 courtesy of an extra-time goal scored by David Platt in the 119th minute.
Located in the Saragozza district, about 6 km from the center of the city, it regularly hosts Bologna’s home matches. With around 36,000 seats it is the eleventh Italian stadium for capacity, which can increase up to 55,000 for concerts.
It is considered one of the best fields in Italy and in Europe, together with the Artemio Franchi stadium in Florence, due to the extraordinary draining quality and compactness of the turf.